Saturday, June 23, 2012

Grandma Do You Meditate?

It was on I15 somewhere between Draper and 33rd South, that Warren asked me, "Grandma do you meditate", as I glanced over my shoulder to take a peak at Warren I saw him sitting crossed legged, palms up, thumb and second finger touching and each hand resting on his knees.  

Me:  I do meditate.

Warren:  AGH!! its so frustrating when I can't get the thoughts out of my head.

Me:  Sometimes if you focus on a word or sound it helps to clear your mind.

This is where I taught him the "Omm".

Warren:  (after a minute or so)  Meditating makes you feel calm!

Me:  Warren, where did you learn about meditating?

Warren:  Josh, my friend taught me.  I feel so much better after I meditate.

Sometimes this child amazes me, and he's right meditating does make you feel better!!!

No comments: